2009/02/25

Sanctuary

Once upon a time I had a dream of a sanctuary where silence reigned and nothing could touch me. I could be as happy there as behind the ruby glow of closed eyelids as I drowsed on a sunny afternoon.

Life grew more complex. The dream became less frequent and more desperately sought.

Twice upon a time I had a dream of a sanctuary where love reigned and nothing could touch us. We could be as happy there as under the sapphire sky of an early spring morning.

Life grew more complex. The dream became less frequent and its reality questioned.

Thrice upon a time I had a waking dream. There is no sanctuary only a street. We walk there by choice and are as happy as the constancy of our commitment.



Check out this neat blog.

No comments:

Recent Reading History

  • Solar - Ian McEwen
  • New York - The Novel: Edward Rutherfurd
  • The God Delusion - Dawkins

Blog Archive

Followers