2011/11/13

Honourable Stuart G. Stratton 1925-2011

Time to say goodbye to a gentleman who truly deserved that title. I respect him for his contributions to the community, especially the legal community as a judge and Chief Justice. But Stuart Stratton has a place in my heart for personal reasons. I did my articles with him when I was a law student. Over and above the substantive aspects of the law,he was committed to justice administration and determined that the standard of fairness be unimpeachable. I learned from him and he set the benchmark which has been my goal in all my years in the law. Throughout our lives we occasionally encounter signposts which give us the option to choose a certain path. Stu Stratton was such a signpost for me and I have never regretted the direction taken. Goodbye and thankyou.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and mentor. He sounds like a wonderful person who impacted the lives of many. A life well lived, to be sure. I am happy that you were able to spend time learning with him - it is only a few who are blessed to spend time with the real teachers of the world. May he rest in peace.

Recent Reading History

  • Solar - Ian McEwen
  • New York - The Novel: Edward Rutherfurd
  • The God Delusion - Dawkins

Blog Archive

Followers