2012/02/23

Wisdom of Elisha


I have stumbled across a passage that I shall remember when anyone comments on my tonsurial absence of foliage.


2 Kings 2:23-25

23 He went up from there to Bethel; and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go away, baldhead! Go away, baldhead!”
24 When he turned around and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.
25 From there he went on to Mount Carmel, and then returned to Samaria.

------------------- Also -----------------

I don't care if they call me "baldie" or "chrome dome." God took an eraser and brushed my head clean. I'd rather be bald on top than bald inside. ~Joe Garagiola, 1975
--------------------------------------------

Watch out!!








3 comments:

Lynne with an e said...

So, was that your head superimposed on the landscape in the photo below this posting?

DCW said...

No. That's the Milky Way . . . far more stellar than my cranium.

Anonymous said...

Having also experienced, albeit briefly, a tonsurial absence of foliage, I say to those who mock, "Don't knock it until you try it!

And I love the Garagiaola quote.

Recent Reading History

  • Solar - Ian McEwen
  • New York - The Novel: Edward Rutherfurd
  • The God Delusion - Dawkins

Blog Archive

Followers