2012/06/03

14 Carrot proposition


That's me, a prof of veganomics,
Roughage, seeds and clean colonics,
Leaves and stems and fruity tonics.

Wanna live 'till nigh forever?
Then shun fish and flesh and leather.
Take nothing wearing skin or feather.

Eat that which living springs from soil
Raw, or lightly steamed - don't boil.
Give up creams and eggs and oil.

Lord of turnip, kale and apple,
In vale of nourishment I grapple
With gods of fast-foods' deep-fried chapel.

Join me now for healthy crunch,
Fibrous, filling, healthy munch,
Because it's almost time for lunch.

Thanks to The Mag

10 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I love love love that fourth stanza...still giggling...

Brian Miller said...

That is very cool…wonderful rhythm and rhyme in this…I have to have my pound of flesh though, smiles…fun play in this…really tight write

Anonymous said...

every line was sumptuous from first to last

fruit essence facial mask

Kathe W. said...

very tasty bit of writing here!

Trellissimo said...

Totally brilliant! :)

gautami tripathy said...

Such a delightful writing! I enjoyed reading this!

borrow my eyes, borrow my ears

Helen said...

I need to copy, print, post on my refrigerator!!!!!

Susan Anderson said...

Practically perfect in every way!
(Mary Poppins has her say.)

;)

21 Wits said...

Oh please invite me too! Thanks for the laugh! Great read!

Short poems said...

Simply beautiful :)

Recent Reading History

  • Solar - Ian McEwen
  • New York - The Novel: Edward Rutherfurd
  • The God Delusion - Dawkins

Blog Archive

Followers