2011/01/13

Haunted?



The film "While I Live" was released the year after I was born.
I have never seen it and believe that it did not receive wide distribution due to poor reviews. The theme song, "Dream of Olwen", which forms a central role in the plot, however, was very popular at the time and is one of my earliest persisting musical memories.
I do not recall what the childhood emotional association was but I am still moved to tears every time I hear this haunting theme.
It was chosen more recently by Mao Asada for this performance, - beauty in sound and form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exquisite!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, never heard of the film at all.
Do recognize the music.
But what a skater!
What grace and brilliance.
Hope the new grandson thrives and is wonderful.
19'f here this am.
Am going to wimp out and not go to the dog park.....

Recent Reading History

  • Solar - Ian McEwen
  • New York - The Novel: Edward Rutherfurd
  • The God Delusion - Dawkins

Blog Archive

Followers